- 1. This ice chest will keep your drinks as cold as the basic plastic ones, its just so much cuter! - Peterboro Basket Co.
- 2. Package napkins and utensils in these adorable little chevron paper bags. Brown and white would be cute (the colors of a football) or use your team's colors! - Etsy shop Cherished Blessings
- 3. If you are not a beer drinker, you can still sip your wine in (unbreakable) style :) - Pinterest
- 4. I'f you'll be barbecuing at your tailgate, I don't think any other grill will do. This one is both adorable and functional! - Strauss Inovation
- 5. My love affair with paper straws has not ended (see previous post). They come in every color so it is easy to match them with your team colors. - Etsy shop The Simply Chic Shop
- 6. No tailgate is complete without Cornhole. It quick to set up and can easily be played with a few drinks in you :) Love this retro design! - Gifts.com
- 7. Keep those brewskies cold with these cute personalized koozies. - Etsy shop Happy Thoughts Gifts
- 8. I love these football cupcake toppers! They'd also look great topping pigs in a blanket, potato skins, or any other tailgate delight. - Etsy shop Cute and Useful
Beer is generally the drink of choice at a tailgate so you want to make sure you have plenty of it on hand. In addition to a variety of frosty bottles, consider mixing up a signature "beer cocktail" as well. Virtue Feed & Grain in Alexandria VA serves up this delicious beer cocktail. Its a masculine cocktail with a touch of sweetness for the lovely ladies. With the little bit of maple syrup, it is the perfect fall beverage!
Photo courtesy of Honest Cooking
1/4 cup brown ale beer
2 tbsp. bourbon
1 tsp. Southern Comfort
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Gently stir for 10 seconds. Strain into an Old Fashioned glass. Makes 1 cocktail.
And for the perfect dessert - Blue Moon Cupcakes. I shared this recipe last year, but I thought I'd mention it again because it is so delicious and perfect for a tailgate! Click here for the recipe.
Lastly, I wanted to share the little surprise I made for my hubby on the night of his favorite team's (the San Diego Chargers) first game. Inside was a new Chargers T-shirt. He loved the gift and appreciated that although I am not into football, I still understand how excited he is that the season has started :) Consider wrapping up a T-shrit or jersey for that football loving honey before a big game!