Saturday, July 28, 2012

Star's Favorite Things: Perfect Peonies

The Peony is without a doubt my favorite flower!  With their full and fluffy rounded bloom, peonies ooze romance.  They are sweet, elegant, sophisticated, and oh so versatile.  Peonies are the perfect flower for a intimate garden wedding, yet are equally as lovely showcased at a large glitzy affair.  According to The Flower Expert, peonies symbolize "a happy life, happy marriage, good health and prosperity."  That being said, I can't think of a more perfect wedding flower!  I prefer the gorgeous simplicity of peonies bunched together; however, they also look beautiful when combined with other flowers.  

Drew Barrymore recently used a variety of colorful peonies in her bridal bouquet for her June wedding in Montecito. 

Photo courtesy of People Magazine

Here are some other bridal bouquets bursting with perfect peonies

Photo courtesy of Plants World

Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Anne Designs

Photo courtesy of LI Weddings

Photo courtesy of Style Me Pretty

Photo courtesy of Wedding Bee

Photo courtesy of One Wed

Photo courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings

Photo courtesy of Arabia Weddings

And for the Groom...

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

I love these centerpieces showcasing gorgeous peonies too!

Photo courtesy of The Posh Event

Photo courtesy of Glendalough Manor Bride

Photo courtesy of Bridge Water Gardens

Photo courtesy of Fiance 2 Wife

I love the simplicity of a single peony adorning this wedding cake, it is just gorgeous.  I also love the ribbon background... I love ribbons in general.  Check out my previous blog post "Smitten with Ribbons" for more ribbon love!

Photo courtesy of Green Wedding Shoes  

As you can see, I'm in peony love and am thrilled they are more accessible than ever.  They seem to be everywhere from grocery stores, to farmer's markets, to road side flower stands so you can enjoy them not just at your wedding or special event but also in your kitchen window.  I love every color, but if I had to choose, I think light pink peonies would have to be my favorite!  Check out the beautiful bunch I just picked up from my local grocer.  Simply perfect!


Always,
Star

No comments:

Post a Comment