Wednesday, December 19, 2012

DIY With Star: Wedding and Honeymoon Keepsake Ornaments

In my previous post "Salt Dough Beauties" I mentioned that I would be making one more handmade ornament this holiday season.  For my second DIY ornament I decided to make use of the dried out flowers from my bridal bouquet.  My bouquet had been sitting in my garage withering away for the past four and a half years (I didn't store it properly and it wasn't looking so hot, but I didn't have the heart to throw it out).  I pulled a few flowers off my bouquet and placed them in a empty glass ornament.  I tied a pretty ribbon on top and wrote our wedding date on the bottom.  I had also saved a water bottle full of sand that I collected while my husband and I were on our Honeymoon in Koh Samui, Thailand.  I had always planned to do something special with it, but never got around it (it too had been collecting dust in our garage).  So, I filled another clear glass ornament with a bit of our Honeymoon sand and again, tied it with a pretty ribbon and wrote a description on the bottom.  These ornaments turned out simply beautiful and are now two of my favorite ornaments on our Christmas tree!
 
This is such an easy DIY decoration and can be displayed in your home during the holidays or all year round.  I love the sentimentality of these ornaments and plan to continue to make them.  Imagine how neat it would be to have ornaments with flowers from every bouquet from each time you were a bridesmaid; or imagine having a little bit of sand from each beach vacation you and your husband go on.  So special and such great conversation pieces!



These ornaments make me smile every time I see them.  So glad I will get to enjoy my bridal bouquet and a bit of my Honeymoon each holiday season!
Happpy Crafting,

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment