Monday, December 19, 2011

Star's Inspirations: DIY Holiday Gift Wrapping

The holidays are just around the corner and I couldn't be more excited!  This past weekend I went to start the gift wrapping process and realized that I didn't have any holiday wapping paper.  I did however; have plenty of white butcher paper, ribbons and colored paper so I figured I'd get creative.  I had seen some great gift wrapping ideas on Pinterest and was excited to give some of them a try.

Some of our family members celebrate Christmas and others celebrate Hanukkah, so I decided to go with two themes.  For Christmas, I chose traditional red and white, bringing yarn wrapped news paper into the mix.  For Hanukkah I went with a peacock theme, playing off the turquoise and black in the peacock feathers.

Once I got started, my imagination (and glue gun) went wild.  I had so much fun trying different things - paper curls, yarn balls, wrapping ribbon and paper flowers (which were the most fun to make!  Keep your eye out for more on these :)  Here is what I came up with.

For Christmas

As you can see, I used a variety of papers, textiles, and embellishments


I used my Cricut to cut out tags and initals


The wine bottle wrapping idea came from Martha Stewart via Pinterest


I love the combination of red ribbons, white butcher paper and newspaper!  
The newspaper idea came from Allora Handmade via Pinterest.


The yarn pom-pom idea came from Poppy Talk via Pinterest


Check out these adorable wine labels by Martha Stewart (purchased at JoAnns).
What a great way to dress up a wine bottle for the holidays!


For Hanukkah

As you can see, the focus is on the peacock feathers with paper flower and textured ribbon accents




There is something very festive about peacock feathers, don't you think?

As you can see, my Holiday wrapping was all about resourcefulness and using what I had on hand.  Its amazing what homemade gift wrap you can come up with when scrounging through your odds and ends.  Let your odds and ends be your inspiration!

Below are some other wrapping ideas I've found.  I hope to try these out soon!

Photo courtesy of Ellinee

Photo courtesy of Older and Wisor

Photo courtesy of Design Sponge

Happy Holidays,

Star


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE all of these ideas!! I especially love the peacock feathers on the stark white paper. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete