Monday, January 16, 2012

Red Carpet Fashion: Favorite looks from the Golden Globes!

It's no secret that I absolutely love award season.  The amazing fashion, red carpet interviews and of course the parties!  Last night there was a definite trend for the navy and blush!  Here are my top fave looks from the night!

Charlize Theron in Dior
Definitely my favorite for the night, just love this! Especially the bow...  Soft and elegant, timeless and so very sophisticated.  Headbands were also all over the carpet but she definitely wore it best!

Debra Messing in Monique Lhuillier
 
Debra Messing always does it right, maybe because she has the amazing help of Rachel Zoe.  I don't know, regardless, so many wore black but she wore it best!  I also love that she always adds a hint of green somehow...

 Elle Mcpherson in Zac Posen
I just love this look, the texture, the structure, all of it!  It's so unique and it really takes a certain  of body type to pull it off and Elle did it well!
  
Claire Danes in J. Mendel
I was on the fence with this one initially and then after watching an interview fell more and more in love with it.  It's truly stunning, so simple yet sophisticated.  The detail is to perfection and Claire really wears it right, it just flows effortlessly on on her.  

Laura Dern in Andrew GN
I didn't see Laura Dern on the carpet but the second she came out during the show I was blown away but how stunning she was.  This dress looks like a vintage dream.  I adore the low v-neck and the slim belt on her waste line.  It's gorgeous and she really works the emerald color too.  Definitely one of my favorites from the night!

 Kate Beckinsale in Roberto Cavalli
The dress looks so simple at first glance but look closer, the structure at the top, multiple textures and intricate detail really wowed me.  Kate of course is stunning on her own but this gown wowed me!  

Jessica Alba in Gucci
Not only do I adore the lilac gray color but I love the diagonal detail by her rib cage and the chiffon train.  This dress is very romantic and it's just angelic.  

Paula Patton in Monique Lhuillier
Paula Patton already has a smile that is like a ray of sunshine but this gown takes it to a whole other level.  She shines inside and out in it!  It's impossible for Monique Lhuillier to ever do anything I don't love but combine it with one of my favorite faces and you just have the ultimate package!  

Sofia Vergara in a custom Vera Wang
I'm still in love with shades of Peacock Blue and Navy from last fall. I don't think our affair will end anytime soon.  Because of this I gasped at this texture rich ensemble.  It's just breathtaking.  Especially the V right before you get to the skirt.  The fabric, the neckline, everything... I'm sold!  
 
All photos courtesy of my favorite red carpet website Just Jared

Who were your favorites on the carpet?  What color do you think will be hot next at the SAG awards?  I'm thinking Purples, Greens, Grays and Charcoals but we will see on the 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment