Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Star's Favorite Sweets: Peanut Butter Cup Bars

I feel as though I am letting you in on the best kept secret recipe ever, but I must admit, it is all over Pinterest (how did I ever live without Pinterest, I don't know).  And for good reason!  These Peanut Butter Cup Bars are devine and taste just like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!  I modified the recipe a bit, using a basic ganache rather than the chocolate/peanut butter topping listed on Bakerlady.  I did this because I happened to have heavy cream in the fridge and I LOVE ganache... I figured it would make the most perfect topping for these bars.  I don't think I've ever enjoyed licking the bowl more than I did while making this recipe :)  Oh. My. Goodness.  These are amazing!


Peanut Butter Bar Ingredients:
1 c. butter melted
2 sleeves/packages graham crackers 
2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. peanut butter


Peanut Butter Bar Directions:
Place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground to the consistency of sand (you may want to start with one package, pulse them, then add the other so they all fit). 

Add the melted butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar to the food processor.
Blend together.  Scrape down the sides with a spatula if necessary (tell yourself it is necessary so you have a reason to lick it after you scrape the sides :)



Pour the peanut butter mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and flatten with an off-set spatula.  Prepare chocolate ganache topping.

Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. chocolate chopped in to small pieces (or chocolate chips)
1 c. heavy cream

Chocolate Ganache Directions:
Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.  Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, carefully watching it so that it doesn't boil over.  Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate.  Tap the bowl on the counter to settle the chocolate into the cream, then let it sit for 1 minute.  Using a rubber spatula, slowly stir in a circular motion.  Stir until the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes.  Spread the ganache over the peanut butter layer.  Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.  I think these are best served a bit cold with a glass of milk!

*Recipe adapted from Bakerlady


Chocolate and peanut butter... it doesn't get much better than that.  Run, don't walk to the store to buy the ingredients for these amazing Peanut Butter Cup Bars!

Enjoy!!

-Star

No comments:

Post a Comment