Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bold, Chic and in Love: Vera or Monique?

Recently I was able to assist a stylist for the cover of the September issue of the Knot Magazine. It was a ten look shoot on couture wedding gowns. Needless to say, I was absolutely dying! All the dresses were far more beautiful then I could possibly describe, not to mention that they were being worn by a perfectly stunning model. I also got to play with some of the most beautiful (and expensive) wedding rings I had ever seen!

Naturally, of all the designers that we had there were two that really stood out to me- Vera Wang & Monique Lhuillier. Two of the most well-known wedding gown designers, who design to perfection but are so different in style and technique. Monique creates beautiful, feminine dresses that are heavily textured. Vera is equally stunning, also beautiful yet often pushes the envelope with her designs.  They have that extra bit of sass oftentimes.

While we can admire both designers, there must be one that makes you squeal a little louder! Are you more a Monique or Vera bride?

Here are some of the looks for each designers spring 2012 line.

All photos courtesy of Vera Wang & Monique Lhuillier
While all designer gowns are lovely and do come with a price tag for a designer label, they can at least provide great inspiration for what you look for!  However, they do have some simpler gowns that start at a more moderate number.  For example, Monique Lhuillier's gowns start as low as $2200.  Also Vera's new White Collection at David's Bridal makes a Vera Wang gown affordable for various price points and budgets too.  

I must admit, I'm definitely a Monique girl myself ;), what are you?

If you ever want a stylists opinion on your dress, feel free to email me at jocelyn@sterlingengagements.com.

xO,
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment