Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bridal Premiere Question 2

Question: My sister won't call me back (we're not fighting), so I can't ask her to be in the wedding (she lives in Texas). How do I get a hold of her to be apart of my big day? When is it too late? -Megan Newland

Answer: Megan, I'm so sorry to hear such sad news over what's supposed to be the start of the greatest experience of your lives. I'm sure you just keep missing each other and if your sister knew what your calls were in regards to that she would feel awful. Here is what I suggest...


Sometimes when distance interferes, there are alternatives that can help you get your point across quicker than a lengthy game of phone tag. Try reaching out to a family member or friend that speak to her on a regular basis also. Or, look into sending her a message through another form of communication such as email or regularly through the mail. There are some wonderful and creative ways to ask others to be a part of your day. Here are a few...

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?
Try mailing your sister this cute favor with a sweet card asking her to be an extra special part of your day.














Will you be my Bridesmaid Gift Set
This cute gift set comes with a special card to add your name to as well!



Another cost effective option is to pick up a sisters themed picture frame from a local hallmark or target store, place a picture with the two of you inside and send a card along asking to be a part of your day.

If you'd like a quicker method try these great e-card videos on Rattlebox or Lola Says.

As far as addressing when it is too late, I don't think it will ever be too late because I honestly believe that one of these methods will help solve the issue. If you can't get her to check your email, try sending a text message or voicemail leaving details to check her email.

If after all of your attempts you are still having an issue, I would speak to a parent or family member and maybe than can relay a time sensitive message without actually asking on your behalf.

I hope this information helps and please keep us posted on what ended up happening. Good Luck!

And of course... Happy Asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment