Thursday, March 01, 2012

Bold, Chic, and in Love: Oscar Favorites

This past Sunday was one of the most magical days of the year- The Academy Awards. For a lot of people, this day means seeing the movies and actors they love win for their absolute talent and excellence. For me, the best part is obviously the red carpet.

I used to work for a celebrity stylist who has dressed just about every celebrity in the business. You can only imagine how much I enjoyed this time of year, running around Hollywood to pick up the most beautiful gowns that Oscar nominees would wear. It was fabulous! And it educated me with the names and styles of designers who also make so many of the beautiful gowns that are great for the more formal wedding.  Gowns for your bridesmaids, mother, and most importantly, yourself!

My personal favorites were absolutely Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford and Pharrell Williams in Lanvin. Gwyneth was a vision in white- so classy, so pure, so beautiful. And Pharrell looked extra dapper and fresh in his over-sized velvet bow-tie.



Tina Fey looked beautiful in Carolina Herrera. Apparently, Herrera was only going to let one actress wear her designs this year and Tina was the winner! This dress is simple and chic. I love the peplum, which has the tendency to make any dress extremely flattering. Great choice for your bridesmaids!


Maria Menounos was stunning in a Maria Lucia Hohan gown. If I were ever a bridesmaid, I would not complain about this dress! I love the corset fit paired with the mint chiffon. It is a very feminine, delicate choice.


Oh Viola Davis, aren't you just the prettiest? This green Vera Wang was the absolute best choice for her. Her green makeup and beautiful skin paired very well with the dress. She was absolutely glowing. But honestly ladies, who doesn't look good in Vera Wang?


Jennifer, Jennifer.. you curvy beauty. She looked gorgeous in Zuhair Murad. This dress was so flattering and stunning, I'd love to meet the woman who would rock this as her wedding dress!!


Who else was absolutely thrilled that Meryl finally won an Oscar? I have been rooting for her for years. She is amazing. I loved her dress, so sparkly and fun. Just like I pictured her to be :) I'm sure there's a mom out there planning the perfect black tie wedding with her daughter or son, that would absolutely love to wear this Lanvin dress for the big day. As long as the brides dress is a little more sparkly, of course!

All Photos Courtesy of Huffington Post
Which dress was your favorite, what color did you like best? 

xO
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment